Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday 10 August 2014

SOCIETY STRAIN!!

Hi everyone!
I feel that we live in a society where you can't do the things you love and be the person you want to be without the commentary of others getting in the way. Up until a year or two ago I really cared about what people thought of me and how they perceived me, so much that I would change everything about myself. I wanted to please people. The biggest thing being my weight. One thing people don't know about me is that I have always been very insecure from a young age and that in the past when someone said anything nasty to me it took a toll on me, not so much anymore. I was always self conscious and there was a time that my confidence had hit an all time low. Looking back I was so hard on myself, I shouldn't have cared about what anyone said, I wasn't even fat it was my build and dieting and changing myself wasn't going to solve anything that it was only going to satisfy others because I was actually listening to them and believing that I was worthless. Now I never care about what people think of me, I do my own thing, if writing a blog or walking makes me happy, then that's that! Keep your opinions to yourself!

TREAT PEOPLE WITH RESPECT!!
If someone you know, or someone close to you opens up and they say they are dealing with a mental illness, don't make them feel worse than they may feel. They actually built up the courage to tell you about their illness. Just try and be there for them, and show that you are a good friend. This is a sign that your friend feels like your friendship is strong and feels comfortable enough to tell you, they may not tell anyone else about their feelings or have anyone else to confide in, so be supportive and be there, because one day you might wake up and your friend has committed suicide because they couldn't cope, and don't laugh because these things can happen. Nowadays, the rise in bullying has risen, and it is even easier to be targeted by people, especially from the likes of Social Media.

DO NOT MINIMIZE PEOPLE'S PROBLEMS!!
'What do you have to be depressed about?' I think this is the rudest and the most inconsiderate thing to say in the world!! It happens all the time. You could be having a bad day and instead of the normal support system you're used to from your best friend, you get the answer, 'What do you have to be depressed about?' Everyone has their down days, people deal with depression on a daily basis. Your friend is having a bad day, so next time say 'What can we do to make you feel better' and if their response is 'Nothing' well then that is a sign that as a friend you make it your business to help. I know that if any of my friends are feeling down, I make them laugh! I always make sure that my friends are okay, even though I could be having the worst day. I don't want anyone to feel alone because I know and we all know, what it feels to be alone and stressed and I don't want anyone to feel that way because it is a crap feeling that I wouldn't wish on anyone.

SUPPORT YOUR FRIENDS NO MATTER WHAT!!
Friends are friends, remember the times they were there for you, down days, break-ups, backstabbing from other friends? Remember how much love and respect they had for you, no matter where your friendship stands never be bitter, just love the memories you shared.
 Your friend comes out of the closet and reveals they are gay. Coming out gay these days for someone is difficult, just think about how judgmental our society is, or maybe how unsupportive *Katie's* family is, this will be a difficult time for them. Even if you are against it, just show your support, and maybe you will warm up to the idea and then truly understand that *Katie* is gay, but she was your friend before all of this, and nothing has changed, she is the same best friend that you know and love. 
I 100% support the LGBT community, I have a lot of respect for people who know who they are and embrace it, and think who cares what people think, that to me is amazing!

DON'T JUDGE PEOPLE!
As the saying goes 'Don't judge a book by its cover' just don't! People who judge others and create rumours are to me low lifes! I believe that people spread rumours and talk down of you because they are jealous and they want to make people think less of you, I really do! There is always the group in School or at Work you know that are pure bitches, who have something to say about everything excluding themselves. Get off your high horse!! So what she has red hair, you don't need to slag her everytime you come in contact with her. Maybe this person's Father has died, and they have never truly recovered from their loss, and they seem locked away from society, that doesn't make them crazy or a loner. These people may have had plenty of friends, and after this traumatic time, they didn't feel the need to go out and please the world, and then their so called friends turned on them and maybe they are the people who started the trend of calling them a loner. This to me shows that they were never truly a real friend, they should of helped *Lisa* and made plans so that she would get some air, enjoy herself, and that would help her take her mind of things. Losing someone you love, that pain never heals nor does it ever go away, this is something you learn how to cope with, it doesn't matter what you do, or who your with, you will never feel the same, and that is the harsh truth. So be gentle when you're in a situation like this.

I have wanted to write a post on this kind of topic for a while. Just a quick note this is NOT aimed at anyone! Maybe next time you will stop and realize that slagging others doesn't make you any better of a person, I am not going to lie, we all do it, we are all quick to judge and have a laugh, for example us girls 'oh my God what is she wearing the state of her'. Come on girls, I think us girls should stick together and not be so critical on ourselves as well as others. Overall I hope you enjoyed reading and that you might have learned something, this is a change from all my beauty topics, but I thought it would be something I would like to share with you all x x 

No comments:

Post a Comment