Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday 25 January 2015

LET'S TALK SPOTS! (PART 1)

SPOT CONTROL 101

Hi everyone!

This is going to be a long 2-part blog, grab a cuppa & lets get started..

Yes I know, spots is just an awful topic, & even worse when you have to deal with them, I hear you!

Spots can be very embarrassing for some people, we all go through it, but there is always ways around it, a proper skin routine, a good concealer, & realising spots don't last forever, & you will get through I promise!!

Let me start by saying I have tried EVERY remedy, lotion & potion on the market that claims to help our problematic skin, I have paid a lot of money, & paid little or none over the past 3-4 years..
I have finally gathered up my absolute HOLY GRAIL products, products that I myself use on a daily basis, and are actually very, very affordable & last a long time!

FACE MAP:
What in the world is a face map!?
Let's rewind shall we..
Okay why is it that your skin is breaking out..

Products:
Could it be any products you use?
I have used products in the past which made me breakout & I never even noticed until things got bad! For example, try not use full coverage foundations every single day, the sweat cannot rise to the surface of the skin, causing block pores, leading to breakouts, & the truth of the matter is you are gorgeous the way you are & I doubt you need the coverage that you think you do..
Foundations like, MAC Studio Fix & Estee Lauder Double Wear, are the true villains..

Diet: 
Yeah, yeah yeah, we have heard this being said a billion things, but cutting back on the junk makes you look & feel so much better! I mean come on, was that 10 pack of Kit Kats, the curry & 2 packs of jellies worth it.. In all seriousness I am no angel, I eat what I want, but it's all about the balance, I try to remain healthy during the week, & then go crazy on the weekends, it has to be done..

The photo pictured at the bottom of the page, is called a 'Face Map'.
This shows that if you find yourself suffering from breakouts in a certain area in particular, what are your spots telling you?

1 & 2: Digestive System: Decrease your junk food, fatty foods, & processed food intake & drink plenty of water!

3: Liver: Cut down on the dairy,greasy/oily foods & the main one alcohol.. The best thing to do in this situation is to try 30-60 minutes of light exercise, I love to walk! & Sleep!!

4 & 5: Kidneys: Anything around the eye area (even dark circles) show signs of dehydration, drink up & no that does not mean alcohol.. ;)

6: Heart: Keep track of your vitamin B levels, your blood pressure, & cholesterol, which can affect anyone, no matter how young or old you are! Cut down on the spicy foods, hint hint at the girlies who love an ol' spicebag time to time..  Again light exercise to keep that heart ticking girl!

7 & 8: Kidneys: Kidneys again?? Yes, they have made a comeback, okay so cut down on the alcohol, & also fizzy drinks & coffee, believe it or not they make you even more thirsty, providing a lack of hydration, water is the way!

9 & 10: Respiratory system: Are you a smoker? Live with someone who constantly smokes around you, or do you suffer from allergies? Maybe both, don't let your body overheat, eat more cooling foods, cut down on the sugar, & get some fresh air! Avoid acidic foods, alcohol, sugar, crisps, takeaways, fast food, & add some veggies into the mix, thank me later!

11 & 12: Hormones: Yes, this is one of the most popular zones to breakout as women, whether it's the time of the month, if you are experiencing any hormonal changes, or general stress these can be common factors that leads to this zone breaking out. Get sleep, keep a nice skin routine going, & do some light exercise this helps a lotttt!!

13: Stomach: More fibre, more fibre, more fibre!! Your digestive system is so important! 
Get more brown foods into you, brown pasta, brown bread & cereal, bran flakes, cut the junk & herbal tea helps too!

14: Illness: This could be a sign that your body is fighting a bacteria to avoid illness, if you have a past with suffering from a weak immune system that could be the reason, it isn't as bad as it sounds, I don't want to worry anyone, but a trip to doc if your concerns grow any further wouldn't hurt..
Sleep regularly, try combat that stress, relax, do yoga, meditate, & drink plenty of water, & realise it is all going to be okay!

Stay tuned for part 2, to see my holy grail products for spots, tried & tested! XO


No comments:

Post a Comment