Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday 25 January 2015

LET'S TALK SPOTS! (Part 2)


Hi everyone!

SPOT CONTROL 101:

Have you read part one of two, in part one I explain, why it is you are getting spots, & what they mean! http://jensbeautybible.blogspot.ie/2015/01/lets-talk-spots-part-1.html

Anyone is capable of improving their skin..
Try to drink more water, 2 litres daily!
The difference in my skin was unbelievable!
Getting into a skin routine, being aware of the products that are being put on your skin.
Taking off your makeup at night, I cannot express how important it is to take your makeup off, even if you use a wipe, leaving your face on will block your pores & cause it to breakout!
These are simple things that can do the most damage to your skin.

SKIN TYPES:
Realise what category your skin type is in & that you have to work with it, it's hard to know..

  • Normal to dry.
  • Combination.
  • Oily..
These are the different skin types, my personal skin type is combination, meaning I have quite dry skin in areas, yet I am oily on my forehead, & the sides of nose.. Very common!

These products I mention are suitable for all skin types!

Lets start with my face wash & makeup removal!

Face Wash:
I use 'LA ROCHE POSAY' Effaclar Duo: Facial wash:
This stuff is AMAZING!!
It is a gel like formula, that cleanses the skin. A little goes a long way, and has a nice foamy consistency once mixed in with water! 
It leaves the skin feeling very clean & fresh, and it dries out my spots, yet it doesn't dry my skin out!
This is great for removing my makeup!
I would use this first thing in the morning & last thing at night!
One thing I will say, don't put this product in contact with your eyes, it stings like F!!

Available from Donaghmede Pharmacy/Boots: 13.49 (euro)

 


Cleanser & toner:
I personally don't use a proper cream cleanser, as I feel these products cleanse my skin enough & I don't want to overdue it! It happens!
This product cleanses & tones in one anyway!

Boots Witch Hazel & Tree Tree Oil Cleanser & Toner:
This is a range that Boots themselves developed, & the products available are amazing!!
They have it all!
Tea Tree acts as an antibacterial to remove any dirt.
Witch Hazel has a calming effect on the skin.
I use this product on a cotton pad, straight after using the facial wash, & one thing I will say, if you even think you have washed your makeup off completely ,think again, the amount of makeup that was still on my skin was incredible, which definitely had a part to play in my pores being so blocked!
Again it leaves the skin feeling very fresh & clean, and I do enjoy the scent, but it is one of these things were, not everyone will!
Don't put this in contact with your eyes! It is too strong & will sting them!
Available only at Boots chemist, retailing for 4.79 (euro) Bargain!

I use a separate eye makeup remover! (Lancome Bi-Facil)

Moisturiser/Cream:
LA ROCHE POSAY Effaclar Duo+
Where would I be without you!!
This is a holy grail product that lasts!
I use it more so as a treatment cream more so than a moisturiser, I use my Olay moisturiser to moisturise!
I apply this first thing in the morning & the last thing at night, I apply it straight onto my problem areas, and when I first used it, within days of using the product, my spots were vanished gone!!
I couldn't believe it, a product that actually worked for me, I continued to use it, and I still do to this day, & it helps to control my spots!
Not suitable for the eye area.
It feels so lightweight on the skin, you don't even feel it on your skin!!
Fab product!
Buy it, you won't be sorry!!
Available from Donaghmede Pharmacy/Boots, retailing for 17.49 (euro)
Worth every cent, I've had mine 6+ months!

Treatments on prescriptions/tablets:
For a very long time, not too long ago, before I got into the routine that I am in now, I suffered very badly with my skin, the spots just were not shifting & my confidence was at an all time low..
My mam brought me to a clinic, & there we spoke to a dermatologist about my skin, and she asked me did I want to be put on the contraceptive pill, because for some ladies, that helps clear their skin,
I wasn't there for that reason, but to just gain some clarity & try some products that would hopefully help me. 

I got prescribed a very popular treatment DUAC: 
This is a treatment product, that helps clear any unwanted spots, it is very important to know how to use this cream.
To know you use this product sparingly, a dot for each spot is plenty, there is a bleach type chemical in the ingredients, that will in fact bleach your pillows, & if you use more than you should, your skin!
This dried my skin out so much, that I was peeling of the flakes (sorry too much info).
The consistency is like a light gel, yet, feels thick and heavy on the skin.. 
Not for under makeup!
A lot of people make the mistake, you use this product at night time, & do not wear this product in direct sunlight during the day.. Very important to note!
It is super strong, & I would recommend that you give your skin a break from it once in a while!
This was not nearly as effective as my effaclar duo+
I would recommend the DUAC cream for someone with Acne, as my skin was arguably not very bad, & I feel it would work for more acne sufferers, not little old me with breakouts..
It was too strong for me!


I also got prescribed an antibiotic TETRALYSAL:  
I am currently taking it & you have to be so patient with this, & take a tablet once a day, I only saw results two months in.
Just like any tablets, you really need to get them into your system to see the results!
Tetralysal, is a special formulated antibiotic for acne/spot sufferers, so it would help a lot more than an ordinary antibiotic!
I am seeing the results & loving it, if you to request an antibiotic, ask for this one!


Pore strips:
If you find yourself, getting blackheads, whiteheads, yellow heads (it's like a rainbow with spots)
on your nose, I recommend using a pore strip, not only are the super cheap, they are super effective!
I would recommend using for no longer than once a week, it's not necessary to use them any more than you should.
I use the Montagne Jeunesse brand available in Donaghmede Pharmacy/Boots/Dunnes Stores..
You get three in a pack!
The price, 2- 2.50 (euro).

That is not the pack they come in by the way, that is a sealed pore strip..

That is what I have been loving to use on my skin to get rid of/prevent spots & it is my go-to dream team, very reliable products!
Especially the witch hazel/tea tree toner, I couldn't believe the makeup
that came off, what I thought my freshly washed face!
& the effaclar duo, AMAZING!!

Hopefully this helps, I took a lot of time to put this together, & hopefully you have learned something new!

Until next time,
JEN XO


No comments:

Post a Comment